Below is a list of our current Paul Harris Fellows. In addition, click the link below to download a current list of our Paul Harris Fellows, as well as their current levels.
President from 2013-2014
In 1988 the Dickinson Rotary Club had its first female member.
For a high definition list of Presidents click the blue link after this text. Presidents
A list of the rotary clubs presidents from 1921-1996
In 1992, we hosted 398 Rotarians and guests for the District Conference.
Extended Rotary to Bowman and its charter was presented to them September 14, 1968, by District Governor Ed Larson of Fergus Falls. Past Governor Charlie Whittey gave the main address, Past District Governor Max Moore introduced the special guests. Past District Governor Milt Kvikstad presented the fellowship gifts from other clubs. The organization meeting was put on by past presidents Oscar DeLong, Pete Hinrichs with Bob Coutts the District governor’s special representative.
When Dr. Stickney, founder of the first commercial Club, returned from was service, he organized a Chamber of Commerce in 1924 and the Rotarians backed him almost 100 percent and 29 Rotarians have headed the Chamber as president since 1924.
The club was chartered as Club No. 820 on Feb. 1, 1921, by Rotary International and the Club was on its way with tremendous enthusiasm with many activities suggested for its starting projects. The first was that nearly the total membership went to the legislature in Bismarck and asked for almost a half million dollars for building at the new Dickinson Normal school which was holding classes on the third floor of the Elks building. They succeeded in getting about half of the money.
The Club was officially organized the evening of Dec. 20, 1920 in the Oddfellows Hall by Ray Bergeson acting as District Governor, James Kayes representative and Fred Conklin inspired the 20 charter members in attendance with his talk on the obligations of a good citizen to his home, his community and his God.
The story of Rotary coming to Dickinson according to charter member Duane Heaton was that after the Armistice in 1918, there was a letdown on any new community efforts as everyone was turning back to normalcy. The Commercial Club that had been organized in 1906 by Dr. Stickney folded because of lack of interest and lack of funds. In 1920, much talk was on reactivating the commercial Club especially by men who had been very active in it previously and also active in every fraternal and church organization.
Nearly all of them had been guests of Rotary clubs during their business travels and were much in favor of establishing a Rotary club in preference to a Commercial Club. As Duane told it, there was a tremendous difference, since Rotary was composed of men of different faiths, different businesses, different nationalities, with different problems; meeting, eating and singing together, forming new friendship and relaxing while helping each other in their problem, and working together for the good of their community and all mankind and bound together by the Golden Rule.
Members of the Bismarck Rotary Club, which was chartered March 24, 1920, had been suggesting that Dickinson deserved a Rotary Club, and at the first organizational meeting held in the Merchants National Bank, Nov. 20, 1920, President Fred Conklin of the Bismarck Club explained the precepts, aims and obligations of Rotary. A board of directors was elected from the original 10 men with Roy Baird elected president, Fulton Burnett vice president, and Duane Heaton secretary, along with directors Wise Richards, Walt Blume and Frank Ray.